Artifact Armour isn't a real armour class in Ultima IX. It is the combination of all six unique magical armour pieces in Britannia, of which each has a special power. However, it should be noted that this armour by far isn't the best protection available.
The pieces, their powers, and their locations are as follows:
- Crown of Radiance: illuminates the surroundings. Found in dungeon Covetous.
- Chest of the Troll: slowly heals the wearer. Found in dungeon Destard.
- Arms of the Magi: reduces mana usage. Found on Verity Isle.
- Gauntlets of Fury: improves attack strength. Found in Buccaneer's Den.
- Legs of Sentri: increases jumping range. Found in lake near Trinsic.
- Swamp Boots: protects against swamp poisoning. Found in dungeon Hythloth.
- Boots of Levitation: allows the Avatar to walk on air. Found in Ambrosia.
Their defensive values are as follows:
|Helm of Radiance||2|
|Chest of the Troll||5|
|Arms of the Magi||3|
|Gauntlets of Fury||3|
|Leggings of Sentri||2|
|Boots of Levitation||1|
- The Arms of the Magi are also the starting equipment of the mage class.