This community has created an alternative version of this wiki. Please see the forum for discussion.
The Britannian Solar System consists of the sun, Britannia and its two moons, and eight other planets.
The Moons that circle around Britannia are called Trammel and Felucca. The eight other planets beside Britannia are, what a coincidence, exactly color-coded to the virtues and also in the correct sequence (With Britannia being the only exception in the System, but it could stand for Infinity). Following this line, these eight planets are named after the virtues Honesty, Compassion, Valor, Justice, Sacrifice, Honor, Spirituality and Humility. Little other facts are known about the star system, apart from three facts:
- Britannia has a shorter year length than Earth. Its year is 336 days long.
- Once every 800 years, all planets and moons are aligned in one straight line, the Astronomical Alignment. This can only occur on the first of a month during double new moon.
- The planet Sacrifice stands out from the others, as is has rings (seen on the orrery).
- The Stranger leaves for outer space in Ultima I, thus seeing the then-called planet Sosaria from outer space, cruising through the star system to find enemy fighters.
- In Ultima V, the Spyglass is used to watch the planets in the night sky. If a Comet is over a planet, a Shadowlord is in the corresponding city.
- In Ultima VII, A Kilrathi ship - namely the Bloodfang-class Superfighter - traveled through the solar system and landed on a Britannian farm. Space travel was also featured in Ultima I.
- A short sentence in the Book of Lore and the orrery imply that the sun and the planets all circle around Britannia, while small planetary models in Ultima IX suggest the opposite. Observation implies a classical planetary system. A final conclusion in light of these contradicting clues can't be made.
In the heaven beyond our skies, dwell stars whose numbers are beyond our reckoning. Within our heaven, circling our world, sweeps our bright sun. Ten other orbs trace tight paths around our world. The twin moons Trammel and Felucca are desolate, their light only a reflection of the sun's brilliance. The other eight orbs are thought by some to be planets like our own. According to the roles they play in our many legends, they have been named for the virtues of the Avatar. The closest is Honesty, followed further out by Compassion, Valor, Justice, Sacrifice, Honor, Spirituality, and Humility.