|Opposes the Virtue:||Sacrifice|
|Word of Power:||AVIDUS|
Covetous is a dungeon south of Minoc and for much of its history its only surface access was via Lost Hope Bay. One of the eight famed dungeons of Britannia it first appeared in Ultima IV and appeared in every Ultima that took place in Britannia afterwards.
Ultima IV Edit
- Main article: Covetous (Ultima IV)
The Anti-Sacrifice Dungeon of Covetous was first entered in Ultima IV where ferocious orcs and savage trolls made it dungeon their home. The Orange Stone was found in it, and magic orbs which increased dexterity and strength. The dungeon connected to two of the Altar Rooms.
Ultima V Edit
- Main article: Covetous (Ultima V)
Ultima VI Edit
- Main article: Covetous (Ultima VI)
Ultima VII Edit
- Main article: Covetous (Ultima VII)
In the years before Ultima VII, the Britannian Mining Company destroyed the entire upper level of Covetous in their mining operation, after unsealing it and destroying all monsters on that level, where also blackrock was found.
Ultima IX Edit
- Main article: Covetous (Ultima IX)
Covetous is a complete mine in Ultima IX. All levels contain blackrock and gems. Being abandoned, the mine's lowest level has filled with water. The dungeon is flooded with undead, probably in revenge for the destruction of their resting place.
The town of Minoc has played host to the mysterious hollows of a blackrock mine. Noted for its property of foiling magic, the pure blackrock herein commands a high price. With a metallurgy known to few, it can be forged into magic items to astound even mages. The blackrock mine has been in operation for many years, and the shallower veins have begun to dry. Hearty miners and warriors have begun to explore the deeper veins wherein undead creatures and fickle footing have proved their undoing. Yet, the richness of the blackrock therein continues to inspire the hearty townspeople to venture deeper into the mountain.
- In Ultima V, the seventh level can only be entered from the sixth via the spell Des Por. There are two ladders on the seventh level going up. Each leads to a room; one which has a one way only exit back to a room on the sixth, the other having no exits.
- In Ultima V, Covetous, as the name might suggest, is an excellent place to farm for gold. On the first two levels half the rooms respawn (including a high end weapon and shield per room), there are no pits or traps, and there are healing springs easily available.
- In Ultima VII, Malloy and Owings can be found in Covetous.
- In Ultima IX, Skully can be found in Covetous.
|Cities||Yew ☥ Minoc ☥ Skara Brae ☥ Britain ☥ New Magincia ☥ Moonglow ☥ Jhelom ☥ Trinsic|
|Castles||Castle Britannia ☥ Empath Abbey ☥ Lycaeum ☥ Serpent's Hold ☥ Castle of Fire|
|Towns||Buccaneer's Den ☥ Cove ☥ Paws ☥ Terfin ☥ Vesper|
|Shrines||Compassion ☥ Honesty ☥ Honor ☥ Humility ☥ Justice ☥ Sacrifice ☥ Valor ☥ Spirituality ☥ Shrine of the Codex|
|Dungeons||The Abyss ☥ Covetous ☥ Deceit ☥ Despise ☥ Destard ☥ Doom ☥ Hythloth ☥ Shame ☥ Wrong|
|Cities||Fawn ☥ Furnace ☥ Monitor ☥ Moonshade|
|Settlements||Inn of the Sleeping Bull ☥ Isles of the Mad Mage ☥ Monk Isle|
|Dungeons||Skullcrusher ☥ Spinebreaker ☥ Furnace ☥ Knight's Test ☥ Mountains of Freedom|
|Ruins||Shamino's Castle ☥ Castle of the White Dragon ☥ Shrine of Balance ☥ Temple of Discipline ☥ Temple of Emotion ☥ Temple of Enthusiasm ☥ Temple of Ethicality ☥ Temple of Logic ☥ Temple of Tolerance|
|Settlements||Argentrock Isle ☥ Daemon's Crag ☥ Tenebrae|
|Other||Carthax Lake ☥ Catacombs ☥ Cemetery ☥ Fishermen's Reef ☥ Hall of the Mountain King ☥ Herdsman's Valley ☥ Plateau ☥ Shrine of the Ancient Ones ☥ Stone Cove ☥ Treasure Cove ☥ Vengeance Bay|