Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Finding a fountain can be a the savior of a party striving to survive in the dark depths of a dungeon. They can have different effects; some of them beneficial, some of them unpleasant. Unfortunately, you don't know what kind it is without drinking.
In Ultima III, fountains could have four effects:
- "Ah! That's nice!" - Cure poison
- "How wonderful!" - Heal all damage
- "Yuck Horrible!" - Poison
- "Argh! Blah! Yuk!" - 25hp of damage
In Ultima IV, fountains could have five effects:
- "Ahh-Refreshing!" - Heal all damage
- "Hmm--Delicious!" - Cure poison
- "Bleck--Nasty!" - Acid deals 100hp damage
- "Argh-Choke-Gasp!" - Poison
- "Hmm--No Effect!" - Merely water or no change caused by its normal effect
In Ultima V, fountains could have three effects:
- "Healed!" - Heal all damage
- "Bad taste." - Random damage
- "Poisoned!" - Poison