Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A catalog of the destruction is as follows:
- The entire eastern section of the mainland—beginning with the stretch from Lost Hope Bay through Lock Lake—was lost, destroying the Drylands, Bloody Plains, Minoc, Cove and Vesper in the process.
- The western part of the continent was further split into northern and southern regions, destroying the Fens of the Dead and Spiritwood.
- The city of Trinsic was destroyed by floods.
- A huge volcanic eruption caused great upheaval in the Valorian Isles and destroyed the city of Jhelom.
- The isles of the Cape of Heroes all sunk into the sea.
- Paws was flooded, leaving the swamp-ridden remains practically uninhabitable.
- The whole southern half of the Isle of the Avatar was destroyed.
- Much of the eastern and western shores of Terfin were swallowed by ocean.
- The island of Spektran sank beneath the sea.
- The Isle of Deeds was overcome by the waves of the Great Sea, causing Serpent's Hold to fall in ruins beneath the ocean. Empath Abbey and the Lycaeum were also destroyed.
As the Cataclysm subsided, Britannia was left heavily shaken and reconstruction efforts were unable to return the land to its former glory after such colossal decimation. The remaining cities became humble approximations of their former prestige and the loss of such significant portions of the mainland ensured a long and difficult road to recovery for Britannia.
- The concept of destruction ravaging the land had been in the game's design from the very start. However, as seen right in an early world map, the original plan had been much less radical. While the continent was split in two, the only real destruction seems to have been the loss of the Drylands, the volcano of Valoria and the disappearance of half the Isle of the Avatar. The channel newly formed in place of Lost Hope Bay and Lock Lake was also present.