Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article is about city in Ultima I and Ultima III. For an NPC in Ultima IX, see Grey (U9).
Grey was a town that appeared in Ultima I in the continent of The Lands of Lord British, and again in Ultima III. Grey was 'moved' in the cataclysms that tore at the lands of Sosaria during Ultima I and Ultima II. After Exodus was defeated in Ultima III, Grey was lost in the reshaping of Sosaria.
In Ultima I, basic items could be bought there, as well as a shuttle. In Ultima III, the town of Grey was noteworthy for having an extremely accessible Guild of Thieves shop - located in the back of the pub.
The inhabitants of Grey during Ultima III gave several clues to the Stranger. One of them mentioned Exotic Weapons, and another said that Exotic Armour would protect the Stranger from "Great Evil". A third one told the Stranger that more clues about Exotic Weapons and Armour could be found in Dawn. Other inhabitants just sang a pirate song, or asked the Stranger if the hero would like to be a jester.
The townsfolk of Grey are hospitable to the wayfarer, with amusing jesters and free-flowing rum. But if special items though dost seek, the Taproom may yield them unto thee. There are those who say that gold here is free for the taking, but let not easy riches tempt thee. Rare and exotic clues, I'm told, are here to be found, threefold plus. To find them, though, is not a task for timid souls who fear the dark. -Sir Michael the Magnificent
- Cold Steel Creations: weapon shop
- Custom Armour Works: armoury
- Dav's House-o-Suds: pub
- Exploration Provisioners: grocery
- Sly Sam's Transportation Specialists: transports
- The Unleashed Spell: spells
Ultima V: Lazarus Edit
In Ultima V: Lazarus, a book called The Fabled City of Grey can be found in the Lycaeum. This book deals mostly about legends surrounding Grey, which had sunk beneath the sea (probably after the defeat of Exodus). Some of these legends speak of technology centuries ahead of that at the time of Ultima V, most likely referring to the shuttle that could be found in the town.
- In Ultima I, the cities of Grey (in the Lands of Lord British), The Snake (in the Lands of the Feudal Lords), Poor (in the Lands of the Dark Unknown) and Lost Friends (in the Lands of Danger and Despair) were exactly the same. They had the same layout, stores, and people in it. Their only difference was their name and location in the map. They were basically the same city copied over in the different continents.