The password of the Oppression is "IMPERA."
The Avatar could infiltrate the Oppression to get possession of the Black Badge. However, other than that, the Oppression had no significant part in the quest itself, as their members were rarely encountered and did not otherwise contribute to the quest.
In Ultima V: Lazarus, the Oppression is much improved and its presence is felt everywhere. There are many quests for the Oppression, and even an alternative ending, with Blackthorn winning.
Prominent Members Edit
- Lord Blackthorn: tyrant king
- Judge Dryden: head inquisitor
- Flain: ruler over Skara Brae
- Thrud: blacksmith of Windemere
- Elistaria: dark lady of Windemere
- Saduj: Oppression member in Castle Britannia who may join the party
- Tactus: Oppression member in Minoc
How to join Edit
To join the Oppression, the followings steps must be taken:
- Agreeing with Tactus that Blackthorn's rule is good.
- Telling Judge Dryden that Tactus sent you.
- Telling Flain that Dryden sent you and giving him what he wants.
- Telling the password to Elistaria to get the Black Badge.
Technically, though, only the last step is necessary, since the password is always IMPERA and the only real benefit to joining the Oppression is the Black Badge.