Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Considering that bulk of the use of torches will occur below grounds, it is wise for the traveler to have a great stock of torches before embarking on a journey. The degree of light produced is similar to that of the Create Light spell.
According to Vetron's Guide to Weapons and Armour, a torch has an effectiveness rating of 3, which doubles to 6 if used while still lit.
- In Ultima III and Ultima IV, torches could only be bought in illegal guild shops.
- Why torches were once so difficult to obtain has never been adequately explained.
- In Ultima V torches can still be bought at a guild shop however they can easily be 'borrowed' from towns, or dungeons for no karma loss and are found in the loot of many monsters.
- In Ultima III a lit torch lasts for 254 moves.
- In Ultima IV a lit torch lasts for 100 moves.
- In Ultima V a lit torch lasts somewhere between about 100 and about 125 moves.
- In Ultima VI and later installments, torches were particularly effective when fending off slimes.
- In Savage Empire, torches could be made by wrapping a tarred strip of cloth around a tree branch. They proved useful for burning away giant spider webs, in addition to their usual function.